We speak up for small
The "Deutscher Mittelstands-Bund (DMB)" is the German Association for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
In accordance with its motto: "We speak up for small and medium-sized enterprises!", the DMB extended its excellent economic and political network over the years. Currently, the DMB has 14,000 registered business members with over 400,000 employees, whose economic and political interests have been represented by the association since 1982. The association's headquarters is located in Düsseldorf, Germany. The DMB has a centralized management, no political party affiliations and is exclusively supported by its own member companies, without the attribution of partner associations or other subsidiary organisations. Thus, the DMB is one of the largest independent interest groups and trade associations in Germany.
With the political work the association actively supports the interests of its member companies and informs about political positions
- The DMB is a politically independent association, which is open to dialogue with all political parties and conducts the exchange of ideas with politicians on the local, regional and national level.
- In the form of critical interviews the DMB asks about up-to-date topics and informs its members about different political positions.
- In addition the DMB is considered in hearings of the German Ministry of Justice, the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs and the Ministry of Economics and Technology. Moreover, the DMB is on the Lobby-list of the German Bundestag.
The DMB provides business relevant information for its member enterprises
- In the section "Kompetenzcenter" designated experts develop and publish expert knowledge about succession, alternative financing methods and internationalisation.
- DMB members receive the association’s journal "Mittelstand INTAKT" regularly and free of charge. The range of topics comprises up-to-date and business relevant news and reports on decisions of German and European law courts. Professionally edited articles, analyses, interviews and DMB-partner-information make the journal into a must-read for every freelancer, sole trader or owner of a small or medium-sized business.
The membership in the DMB provides a multitude of business relevant added value and service benefits
- Members of the DMB have access to an extensive range of benefits. To this purpose the DMB has concluded framework agreements with leading corporate groups and service-providers in Germany.
- These advantages, negotiated exclusively for DMB members, apply to the following fields: Car & Mobility, Financing & Insurances, Consulting & Information, Communication & Office, Travel & Lifestyle and Media & Events.
- The web page of the DMB service organisation can be found under: www.mittelstandswirtschaft.de.